Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Two paintings in the sun today


"Cherry Tree - Moss Street #2" 6" x 8" oils
See this plein air study at the Morris Gallery in Victoria BC.


I popped down to Moss Street and painted this particular tree - a passing student from the nearby central school looked over my shoulder and said to his mates "why is he painting a tree?" Why not? Man makes cars, boats and 'planes but only God can make a tree. The above cherry tree oil sketch took me an hour, so at 4pm we drove to Oak Bay marina and spent another hour painting this second sketch:


"The Boulder and the Boat"

8" x 10" oils
The works are for sale, use this small white envelope below to ask me about pricing and shipping.

4 comments:

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

Good work here Ron...I particularly like the cherry tree...wonderful expressive brush work full of colour and movement...its a beauty!

Jeffrey

Ron Wilson said...

Thanks Jeffrey - it is very much a case of trying to record the IMPACT of the tree instead of a faithful reproduction of what it looks like ...

Linny D. Vine said...

There is a wonderful "spring in the air" spontaneity to your cherry tree, Ron! Joyful!

Ron Wilson said...

Thank you Linny - you're kind. And to think it was done on-the-spot too, I'm pleasantly surprised to find that my reaction to this once-a-year tree expresses the wonderment I felt at that paint-out session..