Saturday, September 26, 2009

"Blue Bridge" oils 11 x 14


The striking thing about Victoria's Blue Bridge is that it appears WHITE against a clear blue sky. The paint-out was organised by the Downtown Victoria Business Association - several artists were asked to go downtown and paint the city. Michael Yoder of DVBA is planning an exhibition of these paintings soon.


I chose to simplify an otherwise busy harbour scene - all sorts of vessels were coming and going in the two hours it took to lay this plein air baby down ... click on the image to see a bigger view then hit your BACK button. Thanks for looking.

4 comments:

Linny D. Vine said...

You've comletely captured the busy harbour feel beneath the white Blue Bridge!

Ron Wilson said...

Thanks Lady Artist - it was even busier than it looks but I had to simplify the scene. I also resisted the temptation to fiddle with the painting when I got it home because I quite like the 'child art' look to it, quick and honest.

Maryanne said...

I love viewing your paintings every week. It is like a slow tour through Victoria. They would make a great coffee table book.

Ron Wilson said...

Hi Maryanne - yes Victoria is a scenic place, they call it the banana belt of Canada. We are into our autumn season now and I hope to get some snow scenes during winter, a couple of months away - not that it snows here all that often.