Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"Sir James Douglas" pen and ink portrait

The drawing reads better if you click on the image to enlarge it.
Then hit your BACK button to return here.


Old Cemeteries Society President Wilf Bruch (right) formally accepts the Douglas drawing from me



In March I donated this pen 'n ink portrait to the Old Cemeteries Society of Victoria. http://www.oldcem.bc.ca/about.htm
I did it in 1999 from a photograph of the one-time BC premier, the photograph was hanging in the BC Legislature in Victoria.
I have always wanted to draw faces of 'wanderers' - people who have been places, and their life-journeys are recorded like landscapes on their faces -- inner conflicts which have been met and mastered.
I sketch people just about anywhere - on a beach in Maui or at an airport; on a ferry, in the streets of the city. You're next!

No comments: