Sunday, June 26, 2011

"Poppies and Wild Roses" (Saxe Point) oil on canvas board 6 x 8


Painting from my heart with no commercial agenda in mind, only deep respect for the medium and application. I love what I do, and hope you do too ...
First I sketched the scene on my blank white canvas using thinned Cadmium Red then applied the main colors with a broad brush, only hinting at detail, allowing some of the underpainting to show through.
I use water-soluble oils. Some call it water-mixable. I like the Grumbacher Max oils mostly but I also use COBRA from the Netherlands (watervermengbare olieverf) and ARTISAN by Winsor & Newton water-soluble oils too.

Click on the image to see a larger view then press your BACK button to return here. Your COMMENTS are always helpful to me.
Thanks
Ron

No comments: