Friday, December 03, 2010

"The Lookout" oils 11 x 14 en plein air


Yowser! I forgot to pack brushes this morning, so when I got to Beacon Hill Park - I opened my pochade box to find nothing but tubes! Nudda. I decide to "paint" anyway - so I improvised with a cleaning rag and my palette knife!  When I got it home I softened some of the hard edges with a finger and a broad brush. Cheating.

Once again the clouds were wonderful here on the Pacific Coast of Canada complete with sunny breaks over the Olympic mountains of Washington State in the distance. After 45 minutes of "painting" the rain came down but I was done by then.

I learnt two things: Bring brushes; you can cope with anything (and nothing) in art!

2 comments:

Darlene Young said...

The first thing I thought when I saw it...before reading what you wrote...was, Wow! Nice brush work!
Darlene

Ron Wilson said...

Thanks Darlene - we thought we saw you in BHP at a distance. Brave artist, you!